When An Uninsured Or Underinsured Motorist Causes A Crash

After you have been injured or lost a family member in a motor vehicle accident, you naturally hope and expect to recover compensation from "the other driver" if you believe that driver was at fault. This is often a successful strategy for obtaining the financial resources you need to pay your medical bills, make up for lost wages, and acknowledge your pain and suffering. However, you may encounter obstacles such as if:

  • You cannot prove the other driver was at fault and he or she fights to avoid paying.
  • It was a hit-and-run accident and the other driver cannot be found.
  • The other driver's insurance coverage is too low to pay your medical bills.
  • The other driver had no insurance at all.

As long as you have uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage on your own car insurance policy, you may bring a claim that way. Even if you do not have such coverage but you live with someone who does, that might be a source you can tap into. Explore every avenue of compensation after suffering an injury in an auto accident.

Will Your Insurance Company Become Your Adversarial Opponent?

A large complication in uninsured/underinsured motorist claims, however, is that insurance companies often fight to avoid paying. You may have faithfully paid your premiums for years. You may believe your insurer will be on your side, only to learn the hard way that the company will fight tooth and nail to block your claim. Avoid the frustration and denials that are likely if you try to make a claim on your own through your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. Get in touch with a Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, attorney with a strong track record of overcoming hurdles for clients.

Work Closely With An Effective Advocate

An accomplished car and motorcycle claims lawyer in Pittsburgh, John W. Brown is available to personally handle your case. A free initial consultation is the first step toward getting your claim or lawsuit underway after an at-fault, uninsured motorist has caused a crash where you were injured. Call 412-567-0335 or 877-391-0998, a toll-free number. You may also reach the Law Offices of John W. Brown through this website.